[geeks] Interesting

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Aug 7 13:09:00 CDT 2002

A different division of my company recently started a new quarterly
event.  It is a luncheon planned before hand for all the employees.
If the quartly performance exceeds projections, a fancy meal is served
with a professional waiting staff, etc.

If the projects aren't met, hot dogs are served.  Which I thought
would suck, but then I read further and noticed that it is the
leadership team that is doind all the serving, which is kinda cool.

But man, the last place I work (Pfizer) I was extremely impressed by
their employee appriciation week.  Really top notch catering and live
entertainment for lunch the first day (including a specially made 2#
chocolate bar for each employee, including temps and interns),
followed by assorted free food all week.  Pfizer struck me as a pretty
cool company for the most part, but it was obvious that there were
suitish things happening.  Not Enron corporate theft or anything, but
rather that political game playing that effects everyone further
down.  But, the worst seemed to be coming from the higher ups at
WarnerLambert (I started a few months before the take over).

--
Joshua D. Boyd