[geeks] 4d/480? SGI? Anyone? OTHER STUFF FS CHEAP!@#

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Tue Aug 6 11:31:09 CDT 2002

> > http://eosdatainfo.gsfc.nasa.gov/
> > (We do stuff from Terra in Hampton, Va)
>
> That does explain how you likely got some of your cool toys, like the
> one you are trying to get rid of in the subject.

Actually, NONE of the surplus from where I work ends up locally. It all
ends up around where McGuire used to live. And up until a month or two
ago, there was no surplus. We still had a Sparcstation 20s holding the
place together. We still have a few Challenge XLs in production. All of
the Sparcstation 20s have been replaced with Blade 100s, and almost all of
the Challenge XLs have given way to Origin 3k and one 2k series boxes.

I got the Crimson from Raleigh NC...($800?) the 4d/480 came from NASA I
think but I ended up paying $1000 for it from a surplus dealer (at the
time it was a good deal and I never had done NASA Surplus). The tape
library I bought at an auction. The raid I got from eBay a long time ago.