[geeks] 4d/480? SGI? Anyone? OTHER STUFF FS CHEAP!@#

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Tue Aug 6 15:23:23 CDT 2002

> My workplace also has 3 STK Powderhorns... they are ~240tb each and you
> can walk inside. Pretty cool. There is a camera on the picker, and during
> tours we hook it to a rear projection television. It is pretty cool.

I've just come.

> We don't have any L180 type tape libraries. I wish we did. I think they
> were looking to buy something like the 9710 and I suggested it... but I
> think they speced some boring cream colored thing.

Our L180 has had several problems, but has had Sun (StorageTek) out
within a few hours each time, and it is finally fixed. Now that the
library works it runs like a runny thing.

4 DLT 8000s (2 per SCSI bus) and robot arm. w00t!

Sending me to change tapes in the damned thing is a nuisance though...
Send the largest person in the company to contort into a small space
on the floor of the datacenter.

S.

--
Steven Hill