[geeks] Woah!

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Tue Aug 6 09:01:13 CDT 2002

> Considering the market on ebay, I would say you have a good shot.  If
> given the choice between buying something on eBay or driving into the city
> to buy something I can touch and feel, you bet I'm going to drive.
>
> I haven't been burnt too many times on eBay, but once would be too many.
> :-)

I haven't been burnt on eBay ever I don't think. I just scored a Netra 105
(366mhz, 18gb disk, 256mb) for $305! I kind of look back and think that
I've come out ahead. I got taken for $450 on a Sun Sparcstation 20 from
Yahoo Auctions a long time ago. I also got taken for $100 on a Spectra
Physics Argon laser tube on Yahoo auctions. I don't like Yahoo auctions. I
almost got taken on a camcorder from there too, but I figured it out.
Reported it to the police and reported it to Yahoo -- Yahoo didn't care
even tho the seller almost ripped off 20 people at once.

> Hey - couldn't we turn Dave's pad into a retro store?
> "Please don't touch the Crays folks... and we're moving... we're
> moving... ok this is a Sun... and we're moving... we're moving... "
> Of course, you'd have to time it around lunch time.
> "Cleanup in aisle 3!  Cleanup in aisle 3!"
> :-)

I haven't seen his Florida place, but his MD place would qualify :-) I
tell all my friends "And it had this neat heat layer... like around the
ceiling it was dry hot air, and around your feet it was cold... it kind of
tickles your ears" and such.

Speaking of which...