[geeks] State of IT

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Fri Aug 2 00:05:42 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Michael Schiller wrote:
> I guess now would be as good a time as any to say that I finally got my
> TTY43 working with my ultra-30!! It's amazing what putting the proper
> paper into something can do for it :)

We used to have a pair of TI Silent 700s; 300/115 bps serial terminals.
the paper was never quite wide enough, so I took my mother's biggest
knife one day and cut down a roll of "Fax" paper. Worked fantastically,
till the units developed problems with thier printheads.

Thermal is uber, but goes dark over time.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"