[geeks] State of IT

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Aug 1 17:33:21 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 03:54:27PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   To that PC guy?  "Get out of my building" might be a good start. ;)

That is unlikely to win converts.

> > >   That guy is a moron.  You may feel free to tell him I said so.
> >
> > How about I just think it very loudly?
>
>   C'mon, Josh.  You don't have a reputation for being a wimp.

Hmm.  And here all I really wanted was to quietly do my job until I
could get a job someplace that needed me more than I needed them.  You
know, a place that is unlikely to say, "Just fire the trouble-making
intern[1]."

So, does anyone need a what will be a recent graduate for some sort of
graphics programming (shaders, animation, compositing, plugins,
standalone applications, or scripting) job, simulation job, embeded
appliance development, just about any job that is programming on
preferably non-windows platforms, or really anything that doesn't
require too much knowledge about system administration, available late
December/early January, willing to relocate, but needing a vacation
(unpaid fine) around May[2]?  I haven't actually started a formal job
search yet, but probably will in the next month or two.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

1. I would be a temp, but it seemed easier to get job placement
   through the co-op office at school, and further, many places (this
   one included) have advantages to being an intern over a temp.

2. Hows that for an excessively run on sentence, like Douglas Adams
   would do, except without any wit or humor.