[geeks] State of IT

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Aug 1 15:50:01 CDT 2002

On August 1, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> Yah, but some of use make a living supporting people who use cheap machines,
> bought by suits who spec cheap machines, etc.  I've made the point to my
> (now ex) operations manager that he wouldn't have needed a guy doing local
> IT support for him if he would (could) have moved everyone to Solaris .....
> I could have easily managed 2.5 offices like this from the home office, with
> monthly site visits ...  oh well.

  Well, suits are going to jail left & right...if this ball keeps
rolling, that situation might even improve.  Of course it's nowhere
near the scale that'd be needed, but it's a start.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "...it's all pants, all the time."
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Joshua Boyd