[geeks] State of IT

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Thu Aug 1 15:45:12 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McGuire [mailto:mcguire at neurotica.com]

  Josh makes an excellent point here.  The morons can use the cheap
commercial trash, leaving the real computers for those of us who
appreciate (and know, and have needs for) them.

      -Dave

Yah, but some of use make a living supporting people who use cheap machines,
bought by suits who spec cheap machines, etc.  I've made the point to my
(now ex) operations manager that he wouldn't have needed a guy doing local
IT support for him if he would (could) have moved everyone to Solaris .....
I could have easily managed 2.5 offices like this from the home office, with
monthly site visits ...  oh well.

~brian