[geeks] All this talk of music has me playing stuff from the '70s..

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 19:46:52 CDT 2001

mrbill at mrbill.net writes:

>I'll always prefer a place with mediocre food and good service over
>somewplace with great food and shitty service.

>For those in or near Austin, Cool River Cafe is *highly* recommended.
>Good prices, EXCELLENT service, and they dont look down their nose
>snootily at you when you come in in jeans and a tie-dyed tshirt to
>shit next to froofy SUV-driving yuppies.

My favourite restaurant in Providence used to be this tiny family-run
Cambodian place, but they sold it last fall and the new owners suck.

There's a Mexican place near my house where spanish gang members hang
out and sometimes people glare out you like they're going to kill
you, but the food is fantastic. I'll only go there with people who
I know are comfortable with this section of town. (Nervousness
attracts trouble.)

The only "nice" somewhat expensive restaurant I like is owned by
a friend, so I know everyone who works there, most of the customers
at the cheap meals (brunch, but not dinner), and my artwork is all
over the walls. Maybe 1/4 of the time they don't let me pay. :-)

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-- I make them out of clay and bring them to life with a blood sacrifice. --