[geeks] AUI Networks

Zach Malone geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 26 18:38:41 CDT 2001

Hello,
    I recently discovered that my AUI based machines were starting to
outnumber my 100bT boxes, and that therefore, I ought to look into setting
up a network for them, as the number of 10bT - AUI connectors I am needing
is getting ridiculous.  Anyhow, I have been unable to figure out exactly
what sort of network these use, I have not found any hubs/switches that use
AUI ports, and I have also been unable to dig up the cables I would expect
to find if they used a ring arrangement.  Can anyone help me out here and
explain how an AUI network is set up, and what sorts of parts I should look
for?
    Zach