[geeks] My love/hate with Mickeysoft...

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 23 13:56:36 CDT 2001

I seem to be running hot/cold with Microsoft again.  One one hand, they
have produced some of my favorite Mac software, like Word and IE. (Word
was a Mac product first, as was Excell.  Powerpoint was also Mac first,
but was a product of another company...)

Let's face it, IE is awesome on a Mac.  I don't use Word anymore, but that
is due more to the usefulness and low price of Appleworks than the quality
of software.

However...

They are pulling Java support from IE.  They have their own answers to
questions that have already been asked, like Windows Media player, Active
X, and their answer to the univeral VST plug-ins for sequencing.

Why?? Why in the hell to they come out with another format, when we have
Quicktime, MP3's, and the like already?  It just adds another layer of
confusion.

Plus, windows still sucks.

-Pete

-----
Peter L. Wargo
pwargo at basenji.com
Owner/operator of basenji.com.
"Zamfier has sold more records than the Indigo Girls.  As it should be."