[geeks] Egad, I've created a monster!

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 22 01:09:47 CDT 2001

PLW> A Mac SE/30 with 128M of RAM.  Unreal.  Right now I have an 80M boot disk
PLW> in it, which means that it has over 1.5x RAM than disk.  I remember when
PLW> the SE/30 was released, and we were amazed at the thought of one with that
PLW> much memory - this was at a time when a 16M Sun 3/280 was a big deal...

A truly Geeky Hack and wonderful re-use of equipment!

I'm thinking some sort of 'nix will be going on it?

Did you know that you can get a PPC conversion for those?
(Albeit very few and far-between.)
A PPC B/W SE/30 w/128Meg - that's kinda like an '81
Omni with a 318, large quad-barrel, 22gal fuel tank, and
the stock transmission.

I like it!

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html