[geeks] funny way to start the day

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 06:38:27 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 08:26:56AM +0100, Will Mc Donald wrote:
> We had one bloke who would just consistently phone us to complain about
> services (or the proceedures for dealing with problems with the services)
> without even giving us a chance to help, *really* obnoxious. Eventually we
> were told not to deal with him at all, just hang-up. When *his* management
> found out he'd been doing this I think they fired him in the end.

One of the best things I saw happen at the last place I did tech support:

One year, for Christmas, the president/CEO went to the tech support department.
Told them, "If you had the ability to get rid of ONE customer, the most
annoying person that calls all the time, who would it be?"

They named a guy, unanimously.

The boss picked up the phone, called the guy at work, and told him that
he was NO LONGER ALLOWED to call tech support at this ISP.  He could either
get a refund of his fees paid and go to another ISP, or he could give up
his tech support priviledges altogether - due to having called every day
for the past 2 weeks or so, with stupid questions and problems (when we
knew this guy had clue).

I dont think I've ever seen a group of geeks so happy. 8-)  Boss did
this for every major city that we had a separate tech support department
for.

(I was the in system administration by this time)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net