[geeks] funny way to start the day

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 20 22:22:34 CDT 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> www.sun.com/solaris
>
> Please do your own homework.

I read the whole thing, and he is an idiot.  (Good trick forwarding it to
the CEO.)

However, may I suggest a lighter tone next time, something like:

"The best place to look would be http://www.sun.com/solaris"

I get many basenji-related inquiries every week, and some of them scare
the living shit out of me.  ("Where can I buy a pair, i want to try my
hand at breeding dogs." & such)

I always try to keep my responses friendly, that way perhaps I can turn
them to a better direction instead of making them mad at me and going
ahead anyway.  For example, my initial response to the above would be:

"You fucking moron!  Dickweed idiots like you are the reason that there
are so many dogs and cats being needlessly put to death each year.  If you
had more brains than the pus dripping off of an infected goat's penis, you
would leave it to people with a full set of firing neurons and a sense of
responsibility.  Your attitude makes me want to coat my screen with a
spray of lung butter."

What I write is:

"If you've never bred dogs before, especially basenjis, you may want to
talk to an established breeder.  They can offer you some good advice.  If
you like, I can give you the name of a breeder in the area."

And so it goes...

-Pete