[geeks] FT: SGI Indigo2 for ham radio equipment

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 07:41:49 CDT 2001

> Looking to trade for:
>
> 	2 meter transceivers and/or packet radio equipment
>
> 	HF/shortwave receivers or transceivers (solid state only,
> 		please - no tubes)
>
> 	Scanners (Radio Shack Pro-2004/5/6, etc, or a newer trunking-
> 		capable unit)

AARRGGHH! No tubes? Real radios glow in the dark dude. I can't believe a
geek said no tubes! I love my Hammerlund HQ-160. No finer reciever ever made
(except for certain Collins, esp S-line).

So, I guess you won't be wanting my minty-mint Kenwood TS-530S hybrid 150
watt digitally tuned HF rig with WARC bands and GC reciever and only three
tubes in the circuit (driver and two finals).

Your trades seems too tempting. What is a fair geek cash value for the Indy?
That would give me an idea of what to offer. I have some spare RF stuff,
infact something in every category you mentioned.