[geeks] Re: Terrorism

John geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 16:50:12 CDT 2001

> So how many children *have* died as a result of sanctions against
> a country whose infrastructure the U.S. destroyed in the Persian
> Gulf War?  Do you have numbers?  If so, please divulge them and
> their source.  Or do you deny that sanctions have such a perverse
> effect at all?  If so, what is the basis for your denial?  Do you
> disagree with UNICEF's findings?

    Personally, I see no obligation for the US to have dealings with anyone
that they do not desire to. One of Afghanistan's biggest beefs has, in fact,
been with the UN as well as the US because they will not send the amount of
help requested. You can not tell me that blowing innocent people to death
for the UN saying no is just. The fact is, they have ruined any chance they
may have had for aid from us. There was growing sympathy for many groups in
the middle east. That is no more. They have ruined US opinion of all Muslim
nations in this act. It will take many years for there to be any hope now of
lifting said sanctions. They have also ruined things for the west bank
refugees. Israel will be even more strict. I doubt they will get anything
now.