[geeks] Re: [SunHELP] Re: Terrorism

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 14:51:57 CDT 2001

> > I stand by my statement BTW.  Planes ramrodding the WTC won't change
> > politics.
> >

> That indeed was your statement.  What I'm calling into question
> is the argument you use to justify it.  The argument is supposed
> to distinguish your statement from bald, willful assertion.
> In other words, you can "stand by" it, but that doesn't make
> the way you purported to convince others more or less true.

I don't have to justify it.  Plain truth.  I can say what I want, feel what
I want, think what I want.  So can you.  So can Faisal.  I don't have to
justify my assertions to anyone - ain't freedom of expression wonderful?

Read my previous post.  It was only meant as a warning to ensure the that
posted figures are correct.  From my POV the figure 30,000 seemed very
arbitrary.  I didn't post a link to any other figures because I didn't care
enough to find out.  Yes, that's right.  I don't care enough to find out.
He didn't post supporting documentation, why should I?  I appreciate the
post you made to the artical, but I didn't read it.  Why?  I don't care
enough.

Take it or leave it.  I wasn't trying to justify anything.  Fact is, I don't
care if you agree or not.

> If you can cite instances where Americans have been more critical
> of U.S. policies in the Middle East than any other people, I'd
> be genuinely happy to hear of them in as much detail as you can
> or or care to provide.  Really, it should not be difficult to
> back this up.  You said it . . . you must have had some context
> for believing it to be true . . . so what did you have in mind?
> Surely you're not scoffing at my request for clarification of
> a claim you made in public?

Yes, I scoff.  SCOFF SCOFF!

Call it what you will.  I don't feel as if I need to back it up with
supporting documentation.  I MYSELF have been critical of US involvement in
the mideast - that's all I care about.  I write letters, make phone calls,
etc.  I do my part.

> Also, you're free to challenge the information I provided about

Again, I don't care enough to find out.  It doesn't interest me, I don't
care.  I don't have time for such discussion.  I've already wasted enough
time on this.  I'm supposed to be waxing my wife's car, and I'm continuing a
pointless discussion about something I for which I have no opinion.

Shame on me.

I'll remove myself from the conversation - having moved it to geeks at .

Kurt