[geeks] Re: [rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Zach Malone geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 12:38:48 CDT 2001

Check out x86 based overclocking websites.  Overclockers.com has a lot of
interesting articles.  Peltiers are very nice, most people end up using
peltiers which are rated for more watts then the processor puts out, so as
to lower the temperature enough to reach higher clock speeds.  When mounting
one on a processor, make certain to insulate the surrounding area, this is
often done using petroleum based goos and such like to fill the pins of the
socket, and neoprene to insulate the area surrounding the socket, by doing
this, you can avoid condensation on the equipment.  Things get very complex,
and most good peltier-processor set ups use water cooling, air is not
sufficient for all but the weekest peltiers.  Good luck, you can buy
peltiers from http://www.3dcool.com/peltiers.shtml, and a number of other
places, look around.
    Zach