[geeks] Bomb Threats,

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 15:58:59 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 05:10:09PM -0400, Zach Malone wrote:
>     I just attended my Calc 1 class.  It was canceled on Tuesday due to
> events which have been previously discussed, and today, someone called in a
> bomb threat to the college.  This means that out of my normal 9 classes a
> week (for all my courses), I will attend a little under half of them.  Why
> do people choose to call in bomb threats to colleges?  Is it so that they
> can pay money to the college/university and not get anything back for it?
> Stuff like this is very annoying, not to mention the fact that it is really
> not in very good taste.

I believe that the people who call in bomb threats to colleges are not the
ones who give money to the schools.  Most likely it is their parents who
give the money.  Either that or grants and loan officers.

I've met very few people who are actually paying for school themselves, in
cash.  Well check.  But one of these days, I'm going to walk into the
bursars office and pay for the next semesters tuition in a stack of $20s.

--
Joshua D. Boyd