[geeks] Hijacked

Michael S. Schiller geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 11:36:50 CDT 2001

Christof:

More pro-gun than me you can't get, but this is one case where I have to disagree with you. The average citizen (heck, even the non average ones) wouldn't know the proper
procedures for shooting within a pressurized cabin of an aircraft. I'm an NRA certified instructor, and I haven't got a clue what special requirements there might be.
Skymarshalls use special loads, AND special training.

And just so you know, as far as I'm concerned, the second amendment has been broken (by the government) since the GCA of 1934 as far as I'm concerned. If you're interested,
email me off list, and I'll explain my position.

-Mike

koyote at koyote.cx wrote:

> >Sounds like at the minimum, bring back the skymarshal program. This would
> >have armed guards on airplanes to discourage terrorist actions on
> >airplanes. I wouldn't mind CCW on airplanes either however.
>
> no arguments. I wouldn't mind seeing all those ex-mil pilots armed, either.
>
> I've taken a suprising amount of flack for the CCW on aircraft stance in other forums. People seem to HATE the idea of citizens being in control of anything. it's depressing.
>
> -Christof

-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *