[geeks] McCain's calling for war...

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 12 20:29:24 CDT 2001

When you say "country heavily involved in terrorism" being subjected to a
cold-war type government (by which I suspect you mean little in the way of
human rights or freedoms, a state dictatorship if you will) do you really
think this is what will/should happen in the countries that are the source
of these attacks?

perhaps i wasn't clear. Hell, I know I wasn't clear.

what i'm saying is that any nation (specific to mind are libya, iraq, algeria, and afghanistan) wiht heavy ties to terrorism and a track record of protection (refusal to cooperate with other nations, harboring terrorist figures) should perhaps be forced to submit to outside rule.

what I mean by this, specifically is a coalition supervisory government (maybe under the auspices of the UN) which supervises the national government. The way gernamy was supposed to be, perhaps, instead of the way it was.

I think that this, in the case of the specific nations cited, would end up with more liberties for the average citizen than those which they manage to have now.

to take it the rest of the way (flame proof suit on) I'm an imperialist at heart. I see no reason not to have a few more states. but that's just an aside.

-Christof