[geeks] McCain's calling for war...

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 22:44:55 CDT 2001

MSS> Kurt Huhn wrote:

>> > The die is cast. I can't see any response less than war being sufficient
>> > to satify American Bloodlust over these events.
>> >

>> A coworker has expressed that he will re-enlist if it comes to that.
>>
>> I honestly don't know what I would do.  My emotions call for war, my more
>> pragmatic side (the one currently in control) wants to be absolutely sure of
>> the aggressors - and then wipe them from the face of the earth with a well
>> planned, surgical operation.

MSS> Why does every one use the term 'surgical'? I think we should find out who was
MSS> responsible, AND what government supported it, then just wipe that country off
MSS> the map, gone doesn't exist anymore. That will send the ONLY message these kind
MSS> of people understand, and make other governments think twice about supporting
MSS> terrorists. The US is currently the strongest country on the planet, it's time
MSS> we started acting like it!

Translation: *German accent* Sieg Heil! Ve are ze master race!
(A little flaming but I think that makes my point.  Not something we want to become.)

Seriously while this would probably be quite satisfying we would do
two things to ourselves:

1) We would martyrize the offending nation to like nations with
similar ideas.  Can you say Jihad?

2) We would most likely alienate the more pacifistic elements of our
foreign allies.  Not something you want to do if you want to _stop_
terrorism in your country as pacifists forced to fight are often
_more_ fierce than the "normal" warriors.  Cornered animal syndrome.

What we need is state approved assassinations of anyone even remotely
related to the incident.  Much as I don't approve it would need to be
done men, women, children, and friends style to have the desired effect.

You can't leave anyone alive to continue the chain of evil.
Unfortunately you often become the evil you sought to remove.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc