[geeks] McCain's calling for war...

D.A. Muran-de Assereto geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 14:31:01 CDT 2001

I suspect that he's just echoing the personal
feelings of millions of Americans. I know that I
have a keen desire for revenge, and, should this
incident have been sponsored/tolerated by a
nation-state, I'd be ready for some
entirely-out-of-proportion retaliation against the
government of said state.

Cooler heads will prevail; the rhetoric will continue for
some time, and perhaps be used as an example of the good
character of the speaker during the next election, but
the likelihood of us declaring was on, for example,
Afghanistan, over this is vanishingly small unless their
government actually ordered or carried out the mission.

Dave Muran-de Assereto