[geeks] oh my god.

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 20:36:25 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 09:32:24PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I don't honestly know.  My Dad has severe asthma - but was drafted into the
> Navy during the VietNam action.  On the other hand, one of my uncles
> (mothers side) was refused entrance into the army due to asthma - he
> volunteered though.

I was told when I was 17 and ready to go into the Marines that the current
standards mean that if you have had ANY asthsmatic symptoms past the age of
12, you're ineligible for any service in any branch of the armed forces.

They dont want guys dying in Basic Training.

Ah well, i was later diagnosed with tracheal stenosis and about seven
months ago with obstructive sleep apnea.  Never would have made it
anyway. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford