[geeks] (no subject)

Benjamin Kelley geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 19:54:44 CDT 2001

> Dude, please. I've only just got over my childhood nightmares about the
> whole "World blowing the shit out of itself" thing.
And your saying the same thing can't happen today?
Imagine how "OUR" children feel.
It's just as much a reality today as it was in the 50s-80s.
Even more so today. We only had larger countries to worry about back
then(USSR and China). Now we have hundreds of countries who have nukes and
who could give a rats ass about killing several million( if not more )
people. Atleast the USSR, China, USA had enough sence to not do anything.
During the cold war,  people fled to the US  Land of oppertunity and
freedom and whatnot.  These countries now see us as enemys and have no
problem killing our people.  Did the russians ever fly planes into building in
downtown NewYork? Did they hijack planes and kill innocent civilians? Did
they ever bomb embassys, or kill americans in the streets?
You dont have to worry about bombs dropping from the sky as much anymore.
You have to worry about someone who is willing to give their life to god
just to kill innocent people.

 Benjamin L. Kelley
  Birch Telecom
    Unix Systems Administrator