[geeks] oh my god.

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 18:14:19 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 15:01, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:03:40PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> > My wife called me with horror in her voice when she watched it on TV
> > and was extremely happy that I'm 32 years old and less likely to be
> > drafted if such a thing comes to pass.
>
> I am prime draft age (I couldn't get into the military if I wanted
> to, but apparently for the draft the physical standards are dropped), and

To the best of my knowledge, this is not true.  I haven't confirmed with
a gov't agency, but I'm fairly sure.

> my mother was expressing concern about myself being drafted.
>
> Where does this come from?  Are pretty much all terrorist nations really
> small places that could be easily obliterated using only conventional
> weapons if we so desired?

Pretty much ALL (not all of them, but very close) nations are small
enough that they would fall to the US in a conventional war.  I don't
believe that nuclear weapons will, or should, ever be used in an act of
agression again.
	Greg