[geeks] oh my god.

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 17:01:34 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:03:40PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> My wife called me with horror in her voice when she watched it on TV
> and was extremely happy that I'm 32 years old and less likely to be
> drafted if such a thing comes to pass.

I am prime draft age (I couldn't get into the military if I wanted
to, but apparently for the draft the physical standards are dropped), and
my mother was expressing concern about myself being drafted.

Where does this come from?  Are pretty much all terrorist nations really
small places that could be easily obliterated using only conventional
weapons if we so desired?

Further, why do people talk about there having had to be a large network
of dedicated people to pull this off?  Why couldn't a small group of only
2 people per plane do it?  Aren't planes hijacked all the time by only one
or two people?  If there are less the 20 people, this would easily explain
why the intelligence community failed to provide warning than other
arguments do.

--
Joshua D. Boyd