[geeks] Internet Legal Issues

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 03:14:50 CDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 01:05:01AM -0700, Geoff Reed wrote:
> Only thing I can think of would be to contact his hosting company and
> inform them that he is hosting stolen copyright images of yours on his
> site, that should be enough to get his account nuked and the site taken
> down.  if he is hosting on his own machine, contact his upstream provider
> and bug them about it. if they refuse to take action they can be making
> themselves party to the copyright infringement.  wave the DMCA in their
> faces :)

he is his hosting company, and as far as I know its hosted on his
DSL at home.  Tried that already...

As it is, I left IRC for good tonight, gave up a bunch of good friends,
due to the shit this guy is pulling (his girlfriend hangs out on the
channel that a bunch of us congregate on).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net