It's alive!! [was: [geeks] Battery for ThinkPad PS/Note 425C]

Mike Nicewonger geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 8 15:01:45 CDT 2001

Well good news,

After taking the battery pack apart and disecting it a bit I was able to
charge the pack somewhat and managed to get the ThinkPad Power Series 820 to
wake up!! To find some version of AIX that we have no password for :) (next
hurdle after the batteries thing)

Unforunately the cells are hosed and I will need to find replacement cells
since the pack is otherwise unobtainuim.

So the word is, Many TP's require a good battery to power on at all. *dumb idea*

Mike N