[geeks] Woah. HP buys Compaq.

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 00:52:56 CDT 2001

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Wes wrote:
> I'm rather frightened by this merger. I work technical support for gateway
> and the same company I work for also was a HP outsourcer for their Pavilion
> line. I have a compaq Deskpro 6000, which is a horrible POS. It's does all
> sorts of bizarre stuff. So...you've got two computer manufacturers that make
> rather shotty desktop systems, but decent enough servers. I'm frightened.
> The tech support world is going to get even shittier.

That's interesting Wes; I used to work for the HP Vectra Outsourcer. You
live in Huntsville? I work on the other side of the world, in South East.

$COMPANY has the outsourced contracts on Dell, Gateway [sued over that
one], and HP -- that I *know* of. There are probably more. Ah, the joys of
working for a Fortune 300 company (usually goes along the lines of "Take
it!  Take it!").

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |