[geeks] LART! LART! LART! ($*%@ kids)

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 2 08:34:03 CDT 2001

> 'BOOM Sha-lock-lock BOOM!!!' House of Pain, "Shamrocks and Shenanigans"

Jeez - haven't heard that in ages.  How long you been outside the US anyway?
:)

> I used to have a pistol gripped Mossberg 590 with the cruiser pump 20"
> barrel and the two shot extender. I loaded it with some custom shells a
> local guy made using flechettes packed with flare powder. Nothing says I
> love you like a flaming 10" hole in your chest.

My wife and I were watching the discovery channell a few months ago when a
show on non-lethal arms came on.  Now she wants her own shotgun - with
beanbag loads.  Ballistic cloth surrounding lead shot.  Apparently doesn't
break the skin - but can cause all sorts of broken bones.  You should have
see the gin on her face during the slow-motion demonstration clips!

Another interesting load a freind (used work for the DOD) told me about is
unsabboted dimes.  Yes - it's an expensive load, but apparently quite
effective.  Imagine ten or fifteen dimes flipping and spinning and rotating
through the air...

Kurt