[geeks] Reflections on an Ultra 60

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 2 00:17:38 CDT 2001

Peter,

I'll have to agree with you on the U60 being a pretty beefy box. I had
always wanted one and then once I got it I was even more impressed than I
thought I would be. I still haven't found anything I might want to do with
Sun system at home that it couldn't handle.

My system is similar to yours except I have two 9 giggers and an E3d m3. Now
if I were to use it to do some serious cryptanalysis I'd prolly upgrade to
processor modules with max cache (I think it'll take 4mb modules but not 8
mb modules but I'm not 100% on that, it's 6am here and I've been up since
this time yesterday), and it might be interesting to try the E3dM6, but
other than that it seems to be the ideal machine for me.

Chris Byrne