[geeks] Latest OS

Martijn Pronk geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 28 13:32:16 CST 2001

Hi,

> Actually, there is a FreeBSD port, but its still in the early stages. It does
> boot single user mode on some boxes now though.
>
> More information can be found here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~tmm/
> freebsd-sparce at freebsd.org
>
> I don't know if it will boot on a Sparc 10, or if it supports SMP.

It will only work on UltraSparc based machines

on http://people.freebsd.org/~jake/tip.single_user there is a
bootlog of FreeBSD running in single user mode on an Ultra 10

Martijn Pronk   <martijn at smartie.xs4all.nl>

   There is nothing magic about SCSI cabling.  There are sound
   technical reasons why they occasionally require the sacrifice of a
   young goat.        - Somebody in FreeBSD-current