[geeks] Latest OS

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 27 16:35:28 CDT 2001

www.sunhelp.org is your friend.

Solaris 8 (any Rev.), or Solaris 9 (once out of beta, currently Ultra-only).

Linux 6.2 supported *most* SMP configs, IIRC, not sure about *BSD.

CD-ROM drives need to support 512 byte transfer, there should be a link to a
Sun CD-ROM FAQ on sunhelp.org - popular advice is to either get a Sun drive
*or* a nice Plextor drive...

Ken