[geeks] KEN STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 22:00:15 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Evans" <gje at parrotheaven.com>
To: <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [geeks] KEN STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD

> My understand is that Dave Matthews grew up in the research triangle area,
> lived in South Africa and then came back, possibly with some of the
members of the
> band.  But that's one of those "heard it from a friend who heard it from a
friend"
> things...

"who, heard it from another you'd been messing around..."

REO Speedwagon - Gawd, I listen to too much "oldies" radio (80s are oldies
now!)

I actually thought "Hey, that is a cool sound" when I was listening to the
opening bass line in...

wait for it...

wait for it...

"Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood - but it really was Trevor Horn
w/studio musicians I am sure...

Why don't I hear any Art of Noise on that friggin' station - I love "Close
to the bone" and "Duane Eddy" - gotta dig those out now...

Ken