[geeks] KEN STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD

Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 10:29:35 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen, reeling from the shock, managed on Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 06:28:10AM -0400 to scrawl:
> We have had a lot of successful folks grow up around here (in no particulsr
> order):
>
> Christopher Reeves (Superman)
> Jon Stewart (The Daily Show)
> Mary Chapin Carpenter (Singer/musician)
> Dave Matthews *I think came from around here* (Singer/Musician)
> The big guy from Blues Traveller (Plays Harmonica, sings)
> Eathan Hawke (Actor)
> Abby Hoffman (activist/Chicago 7) (lived in New Hope for a spell)
> And others I can't think of their names, like the guy that plays banjo and
> sings quite nasal (from Hew Hope)

Bela FlecK?

John Popper of Blues Traveler and that goofy guy from the Spin Doctors
were both classmates at Princeton High.

Both the freaks from Ween are from New Hope.

Don't forget Brooke Shields, who went to college in Princeton.

> And I hear Harrison Ford may be moving to Princeton, to be near his kid that
> will be attending Lawrenceville School.
>
> There is a stark difference between New Orleans and Mercer County - if one
> appeals to you, the other won't (IMHO)...
>
> Ken

Mercer PA is waaaaaay out in the northwest corner of the state. It's
barely part of the same planet as Mercer county NJ.

(I stopped there for lunch this summer, while driving from MN to ME)