Informal Poll WAS RE: [geeks] Laid off blues

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 02:26:12 CDT 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Geoff Reed wrote:
> Got DotCommed on Jan 11th, and still am looking for work :( I've lost count
> of the mnumber of resume's I've sent out but I know that at each of the
> hitech job fairs here in the seattle area I've submitted between 50 (small
> fair) and 250 (big fair) resumes :(  and still not a peep :(

Piss me off. I saw an ad in the paper for Engineers, IT management, IT
staff, and something else that escapes my mind. Guess what? When I showed
up, in a suit & tie, they were only looking for engineers. NONE OF THEM
were looking for IT staff. NONE. Grrrrr....

Didn't even get a snack out of the time I wasted.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |