Informal Poll WAS RE: [geeks] Laid off blues

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 15:40:14 CDT 2001

> I got satisfaction out of the fact that out of 300 or so laptops that had
> been issued to people out in the field, they only got 150 or so back to
> sell at the auction (for pennies on the dollar).  Serves them right for

The company  last worked for got *none* of their laptops back.  Not a single
one.  I laughed so hard it hurt when I heard that.  Served 'em right.

> I'm glad to be working for a company thats at least making money..

We're a hair's breadth from profitability.  One more client, of any size,
will make us profitable.  Add to that some very large contracts in the sale
pipeline are coming close to reality, and I'm very comfortable here.
Anyhting could happen though... (crossing fingers, again).