[geeks] Laid off blues

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 14:49:32 CDT 2001

DOSoaB> Last Monday. came in from havin a smoke, got called to a meeting, got
DOSoaB> laid off and sent out of there right on the spot. Well, at least I get
DOSoaB> my DSL and stuff for 6 more months.That, at least was generous. It was
DOSoaB> said at the meeting that "The only time DSL-fucking-net get their HR
DOSoaB> paperwork 100% sqared away was when layin' someone off . they get that
DOSoaB> much right every time.

Welcome to the ranks of the unemployed - about this time I'm thinking
about a red hat with a large gold "M" on it.

DOSoaB>  Time to make some phone calls, i guess

Be prepared to make a _lot_ of phone calls and send out a lot of
resumes.  It's almost like unless your Superman willing to work for
Clark's pay they won't even call you back.  Hell, I can't even get a
job in a Clark Kent position.

First time in my life I've ever experienced that...

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc