[geeks] Mac and Cheese (aka Kraft Dinner)

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 07:01:32 CDT 2001

I don't think eiter is really regional, at a previous
*desk* in my current company, I sat between two folks
that thought "Pork Rinds" were just about the best
snack ever. I had to walk away from my desk at "snack
time" due to the noise. When they discovered
*microwave* Pork Rinds, well, let's just say I was
less than pleased (noise *and* smell - "fresh from the
oven!")...

Chicken-fried steak/chicken is on the menu at
Applebees, Perkins, and other "family" restaurants...

Now scrapple, that *is* regional - all the parts that
aren't fit for hot dogs are minced, boiled (I assume,
how else could you turn it so *grey*), then pressed
into a brick, which is then sliced and buried in
gravy/maple syrup/ketchup (not catsup, a regional
spelling for Ketchup - I take my guidance from Heinz,
as I am, at heart a Pittsburgh boy)...

Ken
--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
<snip>

> Speaking of food.. how's about a "weird regional
> foods" poll?  here's my
> submissions, from southwest Oklahoma, where I grew
> up:

>  - Pork rinds (deep fried).
>
>  - Chicken-fried steak (or chicken-fried chicken)
> with gravy

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com