[geeks] Mac and Cheese (aka Kraft Dinner)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 23:12:32 CDT 2001

As Ken said in a prior post:
> Yes Bill, and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese *is* a meal, but I *never* sit
> down to a big steaming bowl of it when I am hungry... ;^)

Heathen.  You dont know what good food *is*, until you've had Amy-prepared
Mac and Cheese. 8-)

We're both partial to the new "thick and creamy" style; having abandoned the
old thinner variety.  I even got yelled at once in the past (shortly after
she moved in) for using the cheese packets from two boxes, but only the
pasta from one - because I wanted it cheesier. 8-)

Speaking of food.. how's about a "weird regional foods" poll?  here's my
submissions, from southwest Oklahoma, where I grew up:

 - calf fries (aka "Rocky Mountain Oysters", e.g., bull testicles, battered
   and deep-fried)

 - Pork rinds (deep fried).

 - Chicken-fried steak (or chicken-fried chicken) with gravy

 - Fried Okra

Any other regional strange foods that y'all have a hankerin' for?  I'm
fortunate enough that I only moved 405 miles from home, and the stuff I
like is still available.  The only thing I miss, though, is Mr. Pibb -
but I can get it on fountain at Schlotzkys.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net