[geeks] Wow. lightbulbs.

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 19:30:00 CDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 06:41:40PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Natural spectrum lighting - what a concept.  I tried to get the office
> to change to them but they wouldn't spend the extra money even though
> it would have reduced eyestrain by quite a bit.  The funny thing is
> that all the people who look into the basement from upstairs see
> everything as shaded in blue.

We had two rooms next to each other.  One with "cheapie" incandescents,
one with the Reveal bulbs.  "wow, one's yellow, one is white!" 8-)

> There are also compact florescent in the "spiral" type bulbs but not
> from GE AFAIK.  I use the straight 48" tubes in the basement and only
> use the halogen lamps when I need an exceptional amount of light like
> for fine screws and small parts and such.

I'll look for CF "natural light" bulbs - I'd had a CF light in here, but
switched back due to the major difference that these Reveal bulbs make.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net