[geeks] Wow. lightbulbs.

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 18:41:40 CDT 2001

BB> These things are amazing.  I just put one in my computer room, we ran
BB> into Amy's computer room and put one up there too, because it was such a
BB> dramatic difference.  Worth the slightly higher cost; my walls are now a
BB> bright white instead of a dingy yellow:

BB> http://www.gereveal.com/reveal/index.html

Natural spectrum lighting - what a concept.  I tried to get the office
to change to them but they wouldn't spend the extra money even though
it would have reduced eyestrain by quite a bit.  The funny thing is
that all the people who look into the basement from upstairs see
everything as shaded in blue.

BB> We're going to home depot tonight to get enough to replace all the other
BB> lightbulbs in the house.

There are also compact florescent in the "spiral" type bulbs but not
from GE AFAIK.  I use the straight 48" tubes in the basement and only
use the halogen lamps when I need an exceptional amount of light like
for fine screws and small parts and such.

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc