[geeks] Whee - someone was knocking on my machine...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 17:10:44 CDT 2001

Bill.

I switched the IP address because that was the screen in front of me when I
figured out there was a problem.

As with most things there are a number of ways to accomplish almost anything
WRT computers.

I could have done almost anything:

Pull the Cat 5 cable of the host
Power-down the system
turn off the router
turn off DMZ
change the DMZ IP
turned around and started ripping into their machine
etc...

And hey - no problem here WRT Linksys hardware - awaiting my 802.11b gateway
Cable/DSL router/switch for $150!

Oh, and for those folks that lost-out on my sale of the SMC cable/DSL
router, Tigerdirect has the 3Com version for $50 (no rebates)...

Ken