[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 08:58:28 CDT 2001

I frequently order items from Staples.com, and I add
throwaway items, like a 16 cent box of paperclips to
meet a dollar limit for the coupon ($25 off $200, but
I want a $199.95 item)...

Almost every time, the paper clips come in a large box
(the size of *my* shoe boxes, size 15), seperately
from the item I wanted!

I almost feel bad for them sometimes...

Ken

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:18:46AM -0400, Ken Hansen
> wrote:
> > I assume they are site-built, much like a
> mainframe - which produces the
> > *largest* pile of packing scrap I have ever seen -
> every card, every option,
> > everything came in a box...
>
> INCLUDING THE POWER CORDS
>
> Three years ago, the SunStore online was having a
> deal, "Free Field Engineer
> Handbook with any order".  So, I called up and
> ordered a power cord.  The
> FEHs arrived 3-4 days later, but I got a note that
> the power cord was
> backordered!  I called up Sun, the lady explained
> that a *lot* of people
> had done exactly what I had done, and that it was
> fine to cancel the power
> cord order and basically get the FEH for free. 8-)
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net