[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 08:48:35 CDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:18:46AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> I assume they are site-built, much like a mainframe - which produces the
> *largest* pile of packing scrap I have ever seen - every card, every option,
> everything came in a box...

INCLUDING THE POWER CORDS

Three years ago, the SunStore online was having a deal, "Free Field Engineer
Handbook with any order".  So, I called up and ordered a power cord.  The
FEHs arrived 3-4 days later, but I got a note that the power cord was
backordered!  I called up Sun, the lady explained that a *lot* of people
had done exactly what I had done, and that it was fine to cancel the power
cord order and basically get the FEH for free. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net