[geeks] Return to the 50's?

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 01:32:38 CDT 2001

Is it me or are we returning to the 50's with high-technology?

I just watched the TV and realized several things:

Attitudes seem to be shifting back to the fundamentalist values that
were prevalent in about 1950.

Clothing styles are moving backwards not forwards.  The went from 80's
to 90's then 70's, then 60's, now 50's.  The Rockettes were just on
the TV posing for a fashion mag dressed in camel and tweed
trench-coats with brimmed hats.
They looked like bad detective movie clones.

The attitudes about privacy are returning to the same as they were in
the 50's.  Notice the wiretap laws being passed.  "If you don't know
enough about yourself call they FBI they can help."

The fanatic^h^H conservative religious majority is pushing to
ostracize anyone not a "Christian" or something mainstream.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I don't want to return to a lifestyle of
quiet painful restraint, no freedoms, and a "commie" behind every corner.

Mike Hebel                        mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc