[geeks] Comics and Munchies...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 17:37:37 CDT 2001

Etiquette says you should have a similar offering on your desk (like a big
bowl on now & later candies - they last for years!

Actually, to be serious, I'd say it depends on who fills the jars... I have
a brother-in-law that worked at Wrigley, they had gum *everywhere* - they
gave you a 10 pack of gum with each pay check (it was a carry-over from the
plants, where they *give* the folks gum, to keep them from being tempted and
taking product off the line).

A friend of mine works at Hershey, and the *company* stocks candy jars with
samples of favorites *as well as new products, not yet released*. These are
to be eaten *on campus*, not taken home.

I guess it really comes down to not wanting to look like you are having
Jelly Beans for lunch (a bad idea on *so many* levels)!

Ken