[geeks] Re: [rescue] Friggin huge list members!

Mike Meredith geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 14:30:06 CDT 2001

On Sunday 14 October 2001 05:12, you wrote:
> They are People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.  That sounds
> innocent enough, maybe even noble.  However, they have come to
> represent the wackier side of animal rights.  For instance, some time

Sounds a bit like the US version of the A(nimal) L(iberation) F(ront),
although the ALF is pretty close to being a bunch of terrorists.

> ago, they were running a Got Beer ad on colleges to get people to
> stop drinking milk, which they consider unethical.

Milk unethical ? Sounds a little weird to me. I could understand them
being against the way that milk is produced --- at least the factory
farmed stuff. Don't know about US beer, but quite a bit of the UK kinds
aren't vegetarian.

> > > people who through paint at those of us who wear leather/fur
>
> Vegitarians who throw paint make all vegitarians look bad, just like
> muslims who fly planes into buildings make all muslims look bad, and
> christians who perpetrate crusades make all christians look bad.

Vegetarians don't throw paint; Animal rights activists do. And throwing
paint on fur products is far more acceptable to me than killing people.

> I love tofu when properly prepared (usually in some asian food).

Either I haven't encountered properly prepared tofu, or I haven't
recognised it when I have.