[geeks] Re: [rescue] Friggin huge list members!

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 13 23:12:22 CDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 09:22:21AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Friday 12 October 2001 03:09, you wrote:
> > Reasons to make fun of vegitarians:
>
> Is that the US spelling ?

Probably not.  I didn't spell check.

> > Peta
>
> What are they ?

They are People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.  That sounds
innocent enough, maybe even noble.  However, they have come to represent
the wackier side of animal rights.  For instance, some time ago, they were
running a Got Beer ad on colleges to get people to stop drinking milk,
which they consider unethical.

> > people who through paint at those of us who wear leather/fur
>
> Wearing fur is a very different issue to wearing leather (speaking as a
> bad vegetarian who wears leather --- well the bet called for me to stop
> eating meat and didn't say anything about wearing animals).

Vegitarians who throw paint make all vegitarians look bad, just like
muslims who fly planes into buildings make all muslims look bad, and
christians who perpetrate crusades make all christians look bad.

> > silly hippies trying to convince us to use tofu instead of meat
>
> Some of us rabbit food eaters think tofu's a bit daft as well. In fact
> when it's meat-flavoured it tastes and smells absolutely revolting to
> any vegetarian who has been that way for a number of years.

I love tofu when properly prepared (usually in some asian food).

> > did I mention vegans?
>
> You're really prejudiced against those people from Vega aren't you ?

Yep.  I can't stand people from Vega 9.

--
Joshua D. Boyd